Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default GE Range Schematics???

Pete C. wrote:
Personally, if it's just the self clean, I'd just clean it the old
fashioned way and then be a bit more diligent about putting a catch pan
in to catch any drips. I never use the self clean on my oven.

Any time you're out this way and need something to do, drop in...

Stuff happens despite best of intentions.

As for manual cleaning, _I_ really don't particularly enjoy the process
and the wife has a degenerative knee that is very painful (surgery
scheduled next month) so that kind of activity isn't precisely on her
recommended activities list. Consequently, while it's a convenience,
it's a moderately significant one albeit not absolutely critical, granted.

the GE Advantium, I'll have to look into it -- Mom had told me she
didn't believe they were available because at one time they had talked
of updating the kitchen and she decided she preferred what she had over
what she saw knew so kept it.