Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] JerryF@nospam.com is offline

Default Need help installing a ceiling fan

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:42:08 -0800, wrote:

I am trying to install a ceiling fan with lights. The fan is not new.
It has 4 wires:

Black
White
Blue
Bare Copper

The ceiling wiring is old. There is a white wire and a yellowish wire
that completed the circuit in the old fixture.

I figure the white goes to the white and the yellowish goes to the
black. But where do the blue and the bare wires go? There doesn't
seem to be anything in the ceiling or the fan to serve as a ground.

Okay, I've solved the bare-wire issue. Let me revise my question:

Where does the blue wire go?