Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dave Lawson Dave Lawson is offline

Default Green Woodturning, Free Walnut

John Gbur wrote:
4) Cut into spindle stock. (Leave pith out again). Then seal the ends, I
use anchorseal or parafin on the ends. Anchorseal is safer, but I found a
temperature controlled pot to use for parafin and seal ends outside.

Being in the UK, I am wondering if paraffin would do a useful job. Have
you tried kerosene?

I assume you are referring to paraffin wax or candle wax.

I don't know how far around the world these various names go but the
thought of someone's workshop exploding as a result of following this
advice......

Don't forget the internet is worldwide and the UK's influence runs deep
in some parts still.

Dave L