Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Wire brush in the WRONG hands!

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:30:00 -0500, the infamous Joseph Gwinn
scrawled the following:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 23:15:09 -0500, the infamous Joseph Gwinn
scrawled the following:

Well, the short-term solution comes in two parts:

First, coat the pan with peanut oil, heat until it smokes, allow to
cool, wipe old oil off. (I find peanut oil to be best because it cures
like paint.) Repeat a few times. Blackening sausages in lard also
works.

Yeah, peanut's good, but only if you use the pan often. It'll go
rancid if the pan sits for any length of time.

Not after it has polymerized due to heat and the infinite source of iron
ions.

My experience with it differs from yours. Maybe my ions in LoCal were
different from the norm, but I got the spare pans hotter than hell (I
know how to properly cure a pan) and they still stunk after a month or
two when I opened the cupboard door. I ended up triple boiling them
to get the oils out and then redoing them with canola. shrug

Second, shellac the nephew.

Y'know, I'm still trying to figure out how the pan got out in the
garage/shop in the first place. Sumpin's fishy here.

So's Buerste. But, deep down, he knows....

Wifey or nephie? Who goes to their doom?

--
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.
-- Jules Renard