Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Advice on new range

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"mike" wrote in message

Some like having the controls out of
the reach of children, but because of the hot combustion gas issue,
you often find gas controls right out front where kids can get to
them, unfortunately.

Let it go.

What you see as an advantage, I see as a great disadvanatge after suffering
iwth electric for a few years. Do yo really think it is a good idea to
reach across a boiling pot to reac the controls on an electric? Or while a
steak is being seared? We were very happy to give the electric away and
have propane put in.

Advantages and disadvantages to both types, however they are all pretty
superficial. A good cook can readily produce good food on either type.
On control location, I like any location but on the front, which is
oddly popular on commercial and pseudo-commercial units.

As for the fear of gas leaks, no rational facts can overcome fears of the
mind.

On that last part, I've seen at least four reports of houses leveled by
gas explosions on CNN.com in the last few weeks alone. Oddly enough, not
a single report of a house exploding from an electrical issue.