Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Dave Garland Dave Garland is offline

Default Doorbell always uses electricity!

E Z Peaces wrote:
If I went wireless again, I use an outlet-powered receiver. I'd be
concerned about its service life and how much power it sucked.

I've had one in service for at least a decade. It's outlasted several
of the button/transmitter units. And a second (upstairs) for 3-4 years.
The nameplate current is 50ma (which would be 6W) on one, and about
twice that on the other, but I think that must be when actually making
noise, as I couldn't measure *any* current drain.

Dave