Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default closet door- limited space?

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:44:30 -0500, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
.. .

The bedroom is 8x11. Along one 11foot wall is the 30" entrance and a
30" closet door. The closet door is centered on a closet that is
about 7 ft wide and 3ft deep.

If you have enough overhead space (not specified) you could
instal a vertical sliding door (adapted from a roll-top desk)
i.e. make it an ornamental feature of the room.

Cool idea- I wish I had the ceiling height. The ceilings are 82". The
guy who built this in 1896 must've been a short guy. [and the guy
who built the addition in the 30's either measured wrong or was even
shorter. Those ceilings upstairs were 75". I raised them years
ago- but there is a large usable attic over this end of the house.]

Thanks,
Jim