Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Doorbell always uses electricity!

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:17:05 -0600, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 07:39:11 -0800, Bill wrote:
And what was your electric bill last month?

My electric bill is about $120 less each month because of things I have done
in the past to save energy. Basically many little things and a couple of big
things which all add up.

You didn't trim $120/month by eliminating three cent/month transformers.

1 plus 2 plus 1 plus 8 plus 1 plus 1 = 14

This same idea works at the gas station. 10 cents less a gallon at a
particular station, fill up 15 gallon tank, do this 3 times a week... Can
make quite a difference if you know how to add.

I also know that spending two hundred hours to trim three dollars a
year off one's electric bill is insanity.

Turn the thermostat two degrees and it'll outweigh removing every
single transformer in the house.

And instead of driving all over town to save $0.05 a gallon on fuel,
drive less, don't haul junk in the car, drive an efficient vehicle,
keep it tuned and the tires inflated, and stay home more.