Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jeff[_7_] Jeff[_7_] is offline

Default Doorbell always uses electricity!

DGDevin wrote:
Harry K wrote:

How about a brass door-knocker which needs no electricity from any
source?

But...but...but...what is the payback? A brass door knocker will run
some bucks and if you only spend 25 cents/yr on electric....

Harry K

Pride of ownership. Just think how jealous your neighbors will be when they
see you polishing that brass on a nice warm autumn day.

I have a real bell with a pull rope.

If I had to do it over I might just leave the axe by the door. They
could just chop their way in, same as the fire department does, if I
didn't hear the knocking.

Jeff