Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Hull Nick Hull is offline

Default Battery Drills: I now have 4 bad ones.

In article ,
Duff wrote:

This morning I discovered I now have 4 non-functional cordless drills
(battery powered) all due to battery packs won't take a charge.

Replacement batteries cost more than a new cordless drill.

I frequently find my cordless drill has zero volts, I just charge it and
use it anyway. I put 24 vdc (2 car batteries) across the 14.4 v battery
for about 20 sec, and the voltage goes up to 15 vdc which is enough for
the charger to work normally