Posted to alt.home.repair

Default new water heater drain valve

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:47:18 -0800 (PST), flir67
wrote:

ok I went to sears and got a 40 gallon gas water heater. brought it
home to do some new item maintance on it so it will last longer.

I'm trying to install a brass drain valve,instead of the plastic
spigot thats on there now. when I attempt to take plastic spigot off
it doesn't even budge. I'm turning it counter clockwise as directed on
numberous websites but doesn't seem to want to move.

its built by a.o. smith in october of this year.

I bought a GE heater and wanted to do the same. Mine wouldn't budge
either so I left it alone in fear of breaking the pathetic plastic
valve.