Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Doorbell always uses electricity!

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 07:39:11 -0800, Bill wrote:
And what was your electric bill last month?

My electric bill is about $120 less each month because of things I have done
in the past to save energy. Basically many little things and a couple of big
things which all add up.

You didn't trim $120/month by eliminating three cent/month transformers.

1 plus 2 plus 1 plus 8 plus 1 plus 1 = 14

This same idea works at the gas station. 10 cents less a gallon at a
particular station, fill up 15 gallon tank, do this 3 times a week... Can
make quite a difference if you know how to add.

I also know that spending two hundred hours to trim three dollars a
year off one's electric bill is insanity.

Turn the thermostat two degrees and it'll outweigh removing every
single transformer in the house.