Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Advice on new range

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
On 11/20/08 11:24 am SteveB wrote:

After a measly 32 years, my range has cratered.

Any rec's for a new one? $500-$700 price range?

Any ones to stay away from?

Thanks a heap,

Stay away from electric.

Why? My wife was a Home Ec. major in college and has taught Home Ec. She
has used both gas and electric ranges over the years and seems perfectly
content with her new ceramic-top electric range. We could have had gas run
to the kitchen for a gas range (the furnace is gas), but she decided that
electric was fine.

Perce

If it works for you, go for it. I do not like electric. PLUS, electric
stoves have more parts and more to go wrong than gas stoves.

Steve