Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
terry terry is offline

Default Doorbell always uses electricity!

On Nov 20, 12:39*pm, "Bill" wrote:
And what was your electric bill last month?

My electric bill is about $120 less each month because of things I have done
in the past to save energy. Basically many little things and a couple of big
things which all add up.

Wow that $120 is half my average total monthly energy bill for this 4
bedroom all-electric house in a cold climate!

What do you use for heating? Gas (said to be cheaper) not available
here. And oil just too expensive and too much of a liability and
maintenance expense.

A neighbour (also all electric house, as most are here) has gone all
CFLs but says it makes very little difference to their electric bill.

CFLs make sense for outdoor locations so maybe when our long life
incandescent burns out (after several years) will try one outside.
Can't use CFLs in our two motion sensor fixtures, but those only come
on for short periods when activated.