Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Advice on new range

On Nov 20, 1:24*pm, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:
"Zz Yzx" wrote in message

After a measly 32 years, my range has cratered.

Any rec's for a new one? *$500-$700 price range?

Any ones to stay away from?

Thanks a heap,
-Zz

Stay away from electric.

Steve

Oh gee; we have always since 1960 used bog standard 30 inch electrics.
Including some intensive catering activities between 1970 and 2003.
We are currently on our third or fourth used stove in this 38 year old
house.
This one and the last having cost nothing. They are fairly easy to
repair.
Discarded stoves often being free or very cheap as people renovate.
Stick to white that colour always seems to be available.
Based on experience of friends/neighbours; stainless shows marks very
easily and colours such as black can be dull and go out of style
quickly.
Difficult here, now. to get any new stove that does not use electronic
clock/timers which can be a pain and less reliable than the older
style. Not a big issue here since our power is very reliable and we
are now retired.
Keep it simple and reliable. Avoid unnecessary features. Self clean,
for example, often doesn't!