Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Soldering in a brass ball valve.

I need to tap in on the main water supply lines for a new bathroom and
decided to install two brass ball valves (leading to the new bathroom)
to make appliance installations easier. My 3/4" ball valves are
r858 150 WSP 600 WOG made by Mueller Industries B&K. My question is
about the inner parts that may be damaged by a propane torch. I've
seen plumbers who do not remove the inner parts of a ball valve, but
I've read somewhere that the stem should be removed before soldering
to prevent any heat damage.