Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default Paging Jim Yanik - 7000 series plugin question

Jim Yanik wrote:

msg wrote

Jim (and other Tek alumni),

Why is there no polar display or vectorscope plugin for the 7000 series?
Did you ever hear of a third party that made one?

7000 series were primarily Laboratory scopes.

At that time frame,vectorscopes were the 602 X-Y display(used in Ampex tape
machines,driven by a 650 series TV monitor)

Did the 650 then provide an I and Q signal to the 602 X-Y display to produce
the polar plot?

as another poster mentioned,7000 series X-Y displays were done with
vertical plug-ins in both Vert and Horiz slots.

If I were to construct a 7000 vectorscope plugin, what should I look for
to cannibalize for prototyping? Was there a specific user-prototyping plugin module?
Perhaps I should shoehorn an existing color processing board from some monitor
into the module? I would like to have line/field selection; suggestions for make and
model of any video device to cannibalize that includes such sync processing circuitry
appreciated.

With limited shelf/rack space, I have room for only one scope and hope to do a plugin
solution rather than build an outboard box that drives two vertical plugins.

Michael