Silvan

Default Why wood prices are going up

B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

sell it for a decent price should we choose to. Owning the thing will
allow both of us to build hours for much less money after soloing.

IIRC, under the new rules you only need 20 hours anyway.

More to it than hours though. Dad had 100 hours, and I don't know how many
solos, but he failed the flight test two or three times. He always failed
before he had even gotten off the ground. He was a skillful, natural
pilot, but he couldn't get the pre-flight technicalities down pat.

He had to stop flying when I wrecked Mom's car, back in high school. He
never has gotten back into it, which has been the subject of much guilt for
the last 15 year or so.

My partner used to think a plane was expensive compared to other
motorized toys until he rammed one of his boat out drives into some
rocks. = 8^( After that, he sat down and really did the math. Once
you buy the boat, maintain it, fuel it, launch or slip it, buy SeaTow
insurance, etc... It's not all that different.

Depends on what kind of boat you get too. Around here we have lakes, not
oceans. Sea faring vessles are a whole 'nother ballgame, but even bass
boats can really set you back. One of my neighbors is a 22-year-old kid
with the right good ol' boy connections to luck into a primo job. He makes
as much money as I do, has no wife, no kids, no house, no rent (lives with
his parents) and a $40,000 bass boat.

I'd rather have an airplane.

But really, if I had $40,000 to spend, I'd want a huge ass shop chock full
of big, three-phase power toys.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 17850 Approximate word count: 535500