Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default closet door- limited space?

On Nov 20, 8:50*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
I have a tiny bedroom with a small closet attached to it.

The bedroom is 8x11. *Along one 11foot wall is the 30" entrance and a
30" closet door. * * * The closet door is centered on a closet that is
about 7 ft wide and 3ft deep.

I've just got a rough [32x80] hole there now and some jamb material
out by the table saw.

I like pocket doors but don't want to steal the room from either the
closet or bedroom. * * * My wife is thinking that 2 louvered 15" doors
will work for her.

My first thought was saloon type double acting spring hinges - but now
I'm wondering if a pivot hinge mounted on the bedroom side might give
more room to move boxes in and out of the closet.

The planned 'primary' use for this little room will be as an office &
storage space.

Any thoughts on handy, sturdy, space saving doors? * *[I'm a child of
the 60's so I've even considered strings of beads- but SWMBO is a
little more conventional.]

Thanks,
Jim

Why put doors on it. Just fill it full of stuff then build a custom
bookcase to fill the hole. Put the bookcase on rollers so you can
move it the 1 or 2 times a year you need something from the closet.
The flush-mounted bookshelf will look sweat in the office.