Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Default Mobile home construction?

When I moved in, there was already antenna mast. However, my limited
experience with one trailer. The exterior aluminum is pretty thin. You can
find the studs by just walking along, and pushing on the aluminum. You can
feel them. Studs may be 2 x 3 inch, so 2 or 2 1/2 lag bolts can be used.
Drill pilot holes, of course. Stud spacing? Not sure. External sheet metal
is typically screwed to the studs. So, screw heads may help you locate the
studs.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DaveC" wrote in message
obal.net...
I've been asked to mount an antenna and pole on the side of a mobile home.

I'm pretty familiar with traditional (non-mobile) home construction, but I
have no experience with this form of design.

Where are frame members located (every 16 / 24 inches)? What size are they
(2x4 / 2x2)? Is exterior sheet metal attached directly to frame?

I've searched the web and found some information, but nothing describing
framing and general construction of these homes.

Any and all details of general design of this kind of home would be greatly
appreciated, as will www pointers.

Thanks,
--
DaveC