Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Real (Wo)Mans 20" planer, 9.8HP Diesel (w/pics)

"David F. Eisan" wrote

At the Woodstock woodshow this year I was approached by a woman who was
looking for an unusual planer. I had previously sold her some nice
woodworking equipment and knew she likes good tools.

snip wonderful story

This is the first time I have ever heard a "approached by a woman" story
that involves woodworking equipment! She sounds like a keeper!

I have worked on a couple diesel powered welders that we mounted to a
trailer and set u;p some benches, vises, etc. And I worked a few days with
a couple gas powered sawmills. The notion of a portable planer that could
take up residence right next to the sawmill is just brilliant. I love it.
These are some real smart, capable people you are working with here.

And kudos to your crew as well. You took a piece of old iron, updated it
and converted it to field use. Totally cool! I hope that they take real
good care of it and it doesn't develop a chronic rusting condition.

The woodworking gods are totally pleased with you. Buy yourself a pint
tonight. You deserve it.