Doug Winterburn

Default Why wood prices are going up

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:28:06 -0400, Silvan wrote:

IME so far, the boomers aren't going anywhere until they die. I don't know
anybody who has the slightest illusion of being able to retire.

Well, now you do :-)

The whole stock market thing didn't help either. Dad, for example, lost
almost all of his retirement money to the downturn. At best, he can't
retire until things pick back up, and more practically he's figuring on
working until at least 10 years after his death.

I was stung, moved to cash before the biggest hit, moved back to the market
early this year and am mostly recovered from the market hit. You gotta
pay attention to what's going on and act rather than simply watching and
shrugging your shoulders.

-Doug