B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default Why wood prices are going up

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 01:37:16 -0400, Silvan
wrote:

Not that it really matters to me anyway. $40,000 might as well be
$500 quadrillion for all the likelihood that I could come up with it.

That's why I'm going halves. While it's still money, 20-25k is more
in my ball park. I've done business dealings with the other guy
before, so the partnership detail is easy. My wife and I have become
accustomed to living below our means, so stuff like this is now
possible.

I've taken lessons on and off for years, as has the other guy. I was
previously renting aircraft @ $65-70 wet, plus about $25 for the
instructor, per hour. A twenty year old aircraft doesn't depreciate
very fast, so we could own it for a few years, maintain it, and still
sell it for a decent price should we choose to. Owning the thing will
allow both of us to build hours for much less money after soloing.

My partner used to think a plane was expensive compared to other
motorized toys until he rammed one of his boat out drives into some
rocks. = 8^( After that, he sat down and really did the math. Once
you buy the boat, maintain it, fuel it, launch or slip it, buy SeaTow
insurance, etc... It's not all that different.

Barry