Posted to alt.home.repair
PanHandler[_2_] PanHandler[_2_] is offline

Default Slightly OT

wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:59:37 -0800 (PST), Pat
wrote:

It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

25 years ago I figured out the only solution was to move south.
The only problem is those snow birds who can't commit and clog our
roads all winter. They keep saying every couple years that the economy
will slow down the "season" but it never seems to happen.

I'm a 'damn Yankee'. I came to Florida to visit and stayed. But I decided to
stay near the Redneck Riviera in the Panhandle. In the 28 years here I've
seen snow twice (a dusting and 2"). Also seen temps of 8º and 108º. A
Christmas Day at 12º and one at 82º. It ain't the tropics, but it ain't the
Pennsylvania mountains either!