Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default 220 hot tub wiring

"Zephyr" wrote in message
Hey all,

I'm hooking up an old hot tub that I have been rebuilding - ( new
pump, heater, ect) I'm to the point that I want to take it "live"

so, I though I'd get some feed back on what I understand to be the
way to hook up my power.

I have: main panel in the house, a gfi breaker (spa pack) outside,
and the tub. Wires are copper 6 in flex conduit.

in the main panel- Black and Red to the breaker, white and bare to the
bus bars as appropriate.

in the spa pack from the house, Black and Red to the Top of the
breaker, white to the bus bar with the pig tail, bare to the other
bar. ( pig tail runs from bus bar to bottom of breaker)

in the spa pack to the tub , Black and red to bottom of the breaker,
white to the bottom of the breaker, bare to the bus bar that shares
the ground from the house.

in the tub, - its all labeled clearly there.

Thanks for your feedback

Dave

It looks fine, just be sure your GFCI spa pack is located no closer than
five feet from the tub and within sight of the tub. You need a GFCI outlet
for general use located between 6 and 20 feet from the tub. Any metal
structures located within 5 feet of the tub that could become electrically
energized have to be bonded to the tub equipment with #8 solid copper