Andrew Barss

Default Why wood prices are going up

Swingman wrote:

: The concept of fighting wars, even broad ones against terrorism, away from
: these shores if possible, is a good one. Sure, it cost's money, lots of it,
: and lives ... but a damn sight fewer of _our_ women and children are lost
: that way. How soon you forget.

Give one fully documented reason to think that if we hadn't invaded Iraq,
any American woman or child (or man, for that matter) would have died as a
result of Iraqi actions. There are no weapons of mass destruction.
There is increasing evidence that any WMD were destroyed in the early
1990s. There is no evidence for the procurement of nuclear weapons-grade
uranium by Hussein. Etc. Al Quaeda tried to kill Hussein, not bond with
him. And so on.

Hundreds of patriotic soldiers have died in a war that was based on lies.
Anyone who really cares about US safety, and the strength and morale of
our troops, should be appalled. Every single soldier who died in the Iraq
war, and in the phenomenally bungled postwar situation, died in vain.

-- Andy Barss