Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus11212 Ignoramus11212 is offline

Default mill vises

I have a used Bridgeport brand vise for sale. No round base. Just the
vise with handle. I will have to check if it has jaws, price depends
on that but I never ask for too much.

On 2008-11-19, Wayne wrote:
I just did some web searches on used ones. The prices on the ones I saw
were high enough that I'd fork over a few more bucks and go new,
especially since I wouldn't be able to inspect them.
It was worth a look though.

Bill Noble formulated on Tuesday :
I bought my used Kurt 6 inch vise for $200 - why not try and get him the real
thing (used)

"Wayne" wrote in message
I want to pick up a mill vise for little bro who inherited
my old mill/drill.
Over 10 yrs ago I got the Enco vise, but it was so crooked
I returned it and got a Kurt. I don't know if the Enco's are
any better now. It seems there are lot of manufacturers that
I haven't heard of before charging Kurt prices.
So does anyone know of someone who makes something up
to $200 that is half way decent?

I just say no to ebay, so that isn't an option.

Thanks,
Wayne D.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/