Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin Grant Erwin is offline

Default mill vises

Wayne wrote:

I want to pick up a mill vise for little bro who inherited
my old mill/drill.
Over 10 yrs ago I got the Enco vise, but it was so crooked
I returned it and got a Kurt. I don't know if the Enco's are
any better now. It seems there are lot of manufacturers that
I haven't heard of before charging Kurt prices.
So does anyone know of someone who makes something up
to $200 that is half way decent?

I just say no to ebay, so that isn't an option.

I got a Palmgren lowboy once, the fixed jaw was out about .002"
in 4", shimmed it with a cigarette paper and it was good to go.

Grant