Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default Virus Alert

Dennis wrote:
Rules at the newsreader
don't help. An infected machine somewhere is sending me 10 junk
emails an hour. If I shut down my PC the mail piles up at the server.
By the enxt morning my server mailbox is full and who-knows-how-
many legitimate emails have been bounced. *Nothing* in a modern
newsreader will solve this problem. It must be handled at the server.

Not true. Make your rules with the following action: "Delete From Server".
Not only will you never see the spam in your delete folder, your pop server will
get rid of them as well. You can do this; you're running the same email program
I use.

Yes, yes, YES! Hundreds of emails overnight. Don't know what
the limit is but I've never had a problem until this crap started
happening this week. Now you get it.

So leave your mailreader up until this dies down. My computer is up and running
24/7/365. I seldom see spam.
FWIW, I have my monitor power down after 20 minutes of inactivity; everything
else stays active.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com