Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default Your most used midi-lathe tools?

Power sanding is like true variable speed. Once you have it, you can
never go back.
robo hippy

On Nov 16, 10:08*am, mac davis wrote:
On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:17:02 -0500, (Arch) wrote:

your list indicates a lot of spindle work, Arch..

For me, it's:
3/4" roughing gouge
5/8" bowl gouge
1/2' round-nosed scraper

Unless the close angle sander counts, then I guess I drop the roughing gouge...
I'd NEVER go back to non-power sanding..

If you could use only three tools to turn on your Jet Mini or similar
size lathe, what three tools _DO you actually use most?

Armchair logic might say a 1/8" parting/beading tool, a 1/2" spindle
gouge and a 3/4" skew. Actually, I seem to more often pick up a thin
1/16" parting tool, a 3/8" deep flute long bevel gouge and a 1/2"
straight long bevel skew.

I wish I had said four tools, because I sure use my thick 1/2 in scraper
a lot, but I said only three! *What _three tools do you actually use
most on your midi-lathe?

Turn to Safety, *Arch * * * * * * * * * * * *

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing