Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob in Phx Bob in Phx is offline

Default AR15 evaluation

I wasnt talking about registering the gun. I dont know what the laws in the
state that the OP is in. I was talking about the possibility (very high in
my opinion) that this gun was stolen. If the Owner of the gun reported it
stolen, then the Police will be able to trace the serial numbers. If its not
stolen then no big deal, unless there are laws about selling in the OP's
state or town.

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...

still there, either fake a phone call to the local pd to check the serial
number, see what the "seller" does, or call ahead of time and have pd
meet up with you there... they can run the serial right away...

This is news to me. I knew they did handguns. Are rifles now registered?
I'm certain none of the ones I presently own are. "The kid" is pretty sure
its not hot or i wouldn't touch it. But, i think I'll pass on this deal.

Karl