Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alang Alang is offline

Default Hmm tools...

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:23:49 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Alang wrote:

wall. Took me about 30 minutes with a 2lb hammer to go through two
bricks. Not easy but did I need to buy a special drill for something I
would only do once a decade?

You may find other occasions to use it if it were easier and quicker
though ;-)

The only time I would have used a SDS hammer drill was when I took our
back wall down to get the car in. I still haven't trimmed the bricks
off at one side.

I have a B&D bought in 1974 with a circular saw attachment and a B&D
BD154R bought some time in the 80s. Does almost everything I need. The
only things I never use are an arc welder bought for one job in 1990
and a router I bought a few years ago. Again for one job and never
used again. For DIY I have a good selection of hand tools and all the
time in the world.