Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Screwfix's 10% Offer Extended

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:44:04 -0000, "Roger Mills"
wrote:

This is all very odd! I *do* get quite frequent emails from S/F -
including one today with special offers on radiators etc. - all of
which say that I'm getting it because I've registered my email
address to receive such offers.

*But* I've never had one containing a code to enable me to get a
discount on
*everything*.

I suppose it's just possible that this particular email could have
contained something which matched one of my Mailwasher rules -
causing it to be zapped before I saw it. Or perhaps they're only
sending these emails to people who've bought more than I have in
recent months.

I've only spent about £103 in the last 3 months or maybe more .Maybe a
phone call to SF would get an answer as to why you are not getting
these discount mailings

I've spent way less than that - my last order was in May, and only about
£30 - but I did spend about £400 earlier in the year.

Anyway, I emailed them to ask why I hadn't received the 10% offers, and
received the following reply:

"The Screwfix Direct Marketing team have advised that all our Marketing
E-mails are specifically targeted and this is determined by several factors.
However I have passed on your comments to our Marketing team for their
perusal and internal investigation."

So there you have it - it looks like I don't qualify! Maybe the 'Marketing
team' will come back with something - but I'm not holding my breath!
--
Cheers,
Roger