Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Replacement loo handle?

"Ian & Hilda Dedic" wrote in message
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Ian writes:
The flimsy chromium-plated plastic bush that is screwed into the side of
the loo cistern holding the loo handle in place has cracked beyond
repair (what a shoddy piece of "engineering" it is too). I have no idea
of the make of the loo -- the manufacturers were not proud enough to put
their name on it. It's about 10 years old.

Is it normally possible in such situations to get a replacement handle
assembly from one of the sheds, or from anywhere else, or do I need a
complete new bathroom suite?

Sheds (at least, B&Q) have them.
I had to replace one on my parents' loo
when I snapped it off whilst visiting them.

(Caused much amusement as my father when visiting
his parents ~50 years ago managed to break the stone
cistern lid when flushing the loo.)

The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, I replaced it with an
all metal one from wickes, they do the cheapo plastic ones too, but now of
course the new handle sticks out too far and won't allow the lid to stay
up safely! Brilliant!

Dedics

Example:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/17031/...n-Lever-Chrome