Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacement loo handle?

In article ,
Ian writes:
The flimsy chromium-plated plastic bush that is screwed into the side of
the loo cistern holding the loo handle in place has cracked beyond
repair (what a shoddy piece of "engineering" it is too). I have no idea
of the make of the loo -- the manufacturers were not proud enough to put
their name on it. It's about 10 years old.

Is it normally possible in such situations to get a replacement handle
assembly from one of the sheds, or from anywhere else, or do I need a
complete new bathroom suite?

Sheds (at least, B&Q) have them.
I had to replace one on my parents' loo
when I snapped it off whilst visiting them.

(Caused much amusement as my father when visiting
his parents ~50 years ago managed to break the stone
cistern lid when flushing the loo.)

--
Andrew Gabriel