Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Hmm tools...

robgraham coughed up some electrons that declared:

I've been cheap too many times and mostly regretted it. Just end up
spending again to replace it.

But, Tim - was that 'cheap' to save money, or 'cheap' because it was
the first time you had a requirement for that tool and didn't know if
the use was going to be on-going ?

Both Rob. Unfortunately in most of the few cases I've experienced, it's
meant the tool was sufficiently crap to not do the job very well at all
leading to the nashing of teeth. The Texas drill was the exception in that
it did perform perfectly well and it couldn't be blamed for me abusing it
to death.

Cheers

Tim