Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Hmm tools...

I've been cheap too many times and mostly regretted it. Just end up spending
again to replace it.

But, Tim - was that 'cheap' to save money, or 'cheap' because it was
the first time you had a requirement for that tool and didn't know if
the use was going to be on-going ?

I'm long past my house renovation days - it was still in the 'hammer
and chisel era', relative to the availability of power tools now - but
there is an argument that applies across the board that says it is
better value to buy at low cost to find the uses of an iteml and
replace with good quality later. And extending that further, some
items are better value at the lower end of the market - my chop saw
from Aldi/Lidls has had almost 3 years of continuous use for
constructional work and I wouldn't hesitate to go back and get another
at £25, rather than a named one at anything up to £200.

Rob