Default Corrugated Asbestos Roof - what replacements?

Hi,

yes the layoutis just as you have drawn, and it is single pitch.

Originally I was goiing to do the job my self but now have no time. I
have found someone to do it, but I just neeed to confirm to him what
to replace the roof with. Nextto the o/h is a small wooden shed with a
double pitch roof. He suggested using the same type of roofing as
that (felt based I guess) but I was not to convined about the
durability of that. I just went round a fewDIY shops to see what is
availabel but havenot tried buiders yard.

Many THanks

Bhupesh

"jerrybuilt " ] wrote in message ...
wrote:
I have an outside loo and a shed both brick built in the
garden. They are joined to the house but you have to go
into the garden to get to them.

I was told by the surveyor when I purchased the house that
it had an asbestos roof which would have to be replaced.
The roof is corrugated (with quite a steep sloping angle)
and looks very much like a shed roof.

Most of the roof structure underneath is rotten and will
have to be replaced as well.

I have read the other posts on dealing with the asbestos safley
but my query is what can I replace the roof with. The only
corrugated roofing that I can find is the clear placstic stuff
which is not suitable since there is a loo as well.

You could use corrugated iron (easiest to get from BMs but
more expensive there than the slitter), or a Fr3nch product
called "Onduline" which is a bitumen-type corrugated sheet.

You could, however, put a slate (or tile) roof on, which
would look better. Is the plan of your house/outhouse like
this?

| | O/H |
| House |-----+
| |
| |

or what? Is the roof of the O/H single-pitch, or double-pitched?

Is this to be a D-I-Y?

Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com