Posted to rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Speaker overload (tweeter) protection using bulbs (repost)

Eeyore wrote:

Jamie wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

liquidator wrote:

"Jamie" wrote in message

Btw, distortion due to amplifier saturation,

What is this "amplifier saturation" you talk of ? Please use accepted
terminology.

even though the amp is
far belong the rating of the speaker can and does over heat the speaker
coil and thus, can terminate the life of a speaker even rated higher
than said amp.

Ahnothetr person with minimal knowledge.

This is my experience of Jamie too. He reckons he's some hot shot but constantly
uses the wrong words to describe things for example. His knowledge is also very
dated.

Graham, you play with toys.. you work with toys.. and as usual,
all you have left is finger pointing because you've lost what ever
you had. That is, if you had anything of value to start with other
than what you find off the backs of others.

Your knowledge of electronics is most likely gained from destroying
an untold amount of components and still to this day, you have to
scratch that bold head of yours and wonder what you did with that last
puff of smoke you allowed to escape.

You boast that your an elite in audio design, from what I've seen you
point out. A mear amateur, expert you are not!.

Answer the bloody question IDIOT !

What is a "saturated amplifier" ? You can't even use the right words.

Graham

I proved my point..

You smuck. It's time to relinquish the community
PC and let the next guest in that ward, have their turn.

You may want to look in the hall before sneaking back
to your room. I'm sure they are looking for you.

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"