Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default AR15 evaluation

Buerste wrote:
"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...

Value check: one can get a brand-new Ruger mini-14 (semiauto) rifle
in .223 for under $600. The CZ527 American bolt-action rifle in
.223 is under $500 new if you shop, and the two I know of (mine and
one other) deliver groups under 3/4" (100 yd) right out of the
box.

I bought a Mini 14 when slick Willie moved in. Nice enough rifle but
not that accurate. Now that Obama is moving in, I'd like a more
accurate semi-auto. I think I'll wait for the current buying frenzy
to subside and go buy new at a local shop. I have yet to ever sell a
gun I purchased. Started by working all summer at 12 to buy a
Remington 870. Anyway, I'd rather have quality than price.

karl

Remington 700 in .220 Swift or .22-250 and great optics.

Ruger 77 in .270 with 6-24x . Better sectional density and ballistic
coefficient than the .22 cals and shoots damn near as flat . Reach out and
touch ...
--
Snag
'90 Ultra "Strider"