Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Mill advice?

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 16:19:30 -0600, the infamous "Terry Coombs"
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I use the TinyURL plugin with Firefox, but it stopped working a
couple days ago when they updated FF to 2.0.0.18. They'll update
it soon enough.

We're running Firefox on the wife's desktop comp because I wanted to
try it out when it was my desktop . She's just as comfortable with
it as Internet Exploder and uses whichever she happens to click on .
We run Thunderbird on the same machine because it's a Vista box and
Windows Mail sucks a big green one .

I disagree. I reluctantly switched from Eudora to Outlook Express a
couple computers back and haven't had any data loss issues with it at
all. It's quick and easy to use. AAMOF, it's the lone MicroSloth
product about which I have no gripes. One bother is how long it takes
to compact mail, but that's 8 years worth. Why do you dislike it so?

You weren't listening , Larry . I said VISTA , and WINDOWS MAIL , which
is the email client for Vista (unless something's changed in the last year
or so) . I'm running OE w/quotefix on my desktop . But my desktop also runs
XP-Pro , not Vista . Only thing I've found about Vista that I like is the
parental controls , which is why I run it on the comps my grandkids use
(grandma's comp and an "extra" comp I keep for just that reason). Gonna have
to figger out a third box , the two year old wants to be just like Bubba and
Sis ...
--
Snag
'90 Ultra "Strider"