Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hmm tools...

John Rumm wrote:
Tim S wrote:

This is what I like about doing a big job - no quandry about buying
fancy tools. I'd never justify all these nice things for the odd
spot of DIY.

Yup, IIRC I acquired a few decent ones as part of my loft conversion.

I remember the old days when my father would curse, and get the
hammer and chisel out and spend 2 days doing something like this
that I can sort in less than an hour with the right equipment How
did people survive?

By not having to work with Ikea/MFI/Flatpack of your choice furniture
that glibly expects you to wind in 1000 screws during assembly! ;-)

Sore point! Last week I built a 32 sq mtr deck & my Mak autofeed was in for
repair [1], 1100 screws (& 240 coach bolts) put in with impact drivers :-(

[1] long story, not yet resolved.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk