Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Hmm tools...

coughed up some electrons that declared:

On 16 Nov,
Tim S wrote:

I remember the old days when my father would curse, and get the hammer
and chisel out and spend 2 days doing something like this that I can sort
in less than an hour with the right equipment How did people survive?

I've still got my father's rawlplug jumpimg tool for No. 8 screws. Took
some considerable time (½hour?) per hole in the brick the house was
constructed with. More like 2 seconds with my SDS.

I remember those I think - aren't they like a drift or a round chisel, with
a cross cut shank, and banged into the wall to make the hole?

I remember sinking a backbox with my father. A double in the side of a
chimney breast, with a club hammer and chisel and a power drill. Took a day
(HARD bricks). I'll be upset if I can't manage at least 10-15 in a day with
an SDS and sinking cutter, though that remains to be tried!

Cheers

Tim