Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default AR15 evaluation

In article s.com, "Karl Townsend" wrote:
My son met a guy that needs $. He want to sell an AR15. Cash in a parking
lot kind of deal. He claims its an accurized (sp) unit that has higher
value. Comes with a military noise suppressor that is supposed to be rare.
Anybody have advice, web sites to read etc. on determining value?

I've seen one on TV but never touched one. And not much of an expert in this
area.

The prices are shooting up fast after the election. There are so many
variables it's hard to say how to check it out with at least a list of
who made the upper & lower receivers & the barrel, or a photo.

Also, if it is a true "noise suppressor" (i.e. silencer), there are all
sorts of legal issues with owning or selling one. If it's a flash hider
(more likely), then it's mostly window dressing for a civilian rifle.

The best place to get real info is http://www.ar15.com, but you will need
to register & pay a small fee to post.

It's very easy to say an AR15 is "accurized", but it's hard to
prove. I've built a couple, and all the accuracy is in little details
that aren't obviously labeled.

Doug White