Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eregon[_3_] Eregon[_3_] is offline

Default AR15 evaluation

"Karl Townsend" wrote in
anews.com:

My son met a guy that needs $. He want to sell an AR15. Cash in a
parking
lot kind of deal. He claims its an accurized (sp) unit that has higher
value. Comes with a military noise suppressor that is supposed to be
rare. Anybody have advice, web sites to read etc. on determining
value?

I've seen one on TV but never touched one. And not much of an expert
in this area.

Karl

Beware the ATF: the "keyword" is "noise suppressor".

While the AR-15 is a semi-auto, the M-16 that was derived it is a selective
fire [ATF Type 3 license required] and noise suppressors [aka silencers -
Type 3 license required] can each be used in an ATF "sting".

--
I used to be an anarchist but had to give it up: _far_ too many rules.