Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Manhole depth v diameter

In message , mark
writes

I've to connect a 110mm soil pipe to an existing 4" clay sewer pipe. It
will be near enough at a right angle.

Depth will be about 750mm-900mm.

To make it roddable I will need an inspection chamber.
There is obviously a relationship between the diameter of inspection chamber
and depth to permit the use of rods.
I'm keen to install the smallest I can get away with as they are not cheap
things.
Advice please.

Umm... My sister had a house built where the existing sewer (private)
was rather deep. There does not appear to be an inspection pit at the T
junction but there is a *rodding eye* fitted. This rises at about 30deg.
and is finished with a screw down plastic cover.

These were the builders who did not bother to connect her bathroom basin
waste to the sewer but left it running into the foundation trench:-(

Huge may be along shortly to frighten me!

regards

mark

--
Tim Lamb