Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] lgerhardx@hotmail.com is offline

Default Need help finding replacement combustion motor for Payne furnace

Hi there! Hopefully you can point me in the right direction for
finding this part.

My parents have a Payne furnace that is a few years old. The
combustion motor has recently started to fail, as I am told by a
friend of mine who originally installed it. He called about the part
from his supplier, and found that it would be $130 or so to get the
part from him with all of the combustion motor assembly and related
parts.

The guy on the phone told him that he could probably find the part
online a lot cheaper, *AND* we don't need the whole kit...we only need
just the little motor itself. My friend is going to salvage all of
the other parts of the mechanism off the current, failing motor and we
can use them with the new one.

So, here's the info on the furnace and motor label I currently have:

furnace: Payne, model #768MAA024045AAJA, serial #3303A27185

combustion motor: Jakel J238-100-10108 3000RPM counter-clockwise
rotation 81F1A 8.1MHP

I just want the actual motor, no kit, no extra shrouds or widgets or
fins or whatnot.

Any leads? Any ideas? Anyone got one of these little bad-boys that
they'd like to part with? Thanks in advance for your assistance!
I really do appreciate it.