Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Howard Stephen Howard is offline

Default How to sharpen old Kitchen Devil Professional knives?

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 13:02:29 +0000, Chris ] wrote:

How to sharpen old Kitchen Devil Professional knives?

These are old - perhaps about thirty years - can't remember precisely.

On one of them I can still read what it says on the blade:

C 0.50
Cr 14
Mo 0.25

Is that surgical steel?
(I think I remember the adverts saying that.)

I'm no good with a steel.
What about the MinoSharp Plus 3 Water Sharpener?
Or what would you recommend?

I just use a simple medium-fine grit handheld stone.
Seems to tackle everything from my nice Emils to the handy Richardson
Fusion blades - and does a lovely job on my Opinel pocket knives.

Regards,

--
Steve ( out in the sticks )
Email: Take time to reply: timefrom_usenet{at}gmx.net