Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Alternatives to plastering

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember R D S saying
something like:

Can good results be achieved? I imagine it would always be possible to
see where the filler is after painting.
I would rather do somthing controversial than have a crap version of the
norm.

Checker plate. Dead cool in the living room if you set it off with a
Yank V8 on a display stand in the middle of the floor.

I've been thinking of alternatives to plastering, and the best I could
come up with was p/bd and lining paper w several coats of paint on it.
Ply is always an option, of course, but p'bd does at least not burn.

T & G is a possibility.