Bruce

Default Why wood prices are going up

In rec.woodworking
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

Did you know that you can buy a decent four seat aircraft for less
than what many soccer moms pay for an SUV? G

That 35-40k plane will hold it's value much better than the SUV, as
it's already had some depreciation, and will probably outlast the SUV
to boot.

Another friend and myself are currently looking in the 45-50k range
for a plane to go halves on.

Of course an SUV doesn't require expensive annual maintenance by certified
AP mechanics, hanger storage fees etc. Very few "poor" people own planes.
I wouldn't even consider it and my salary has 6 digits in it.